The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1162 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/06/10
Very interesting. You brought in good dialect and touched on the emotions of one working on--or having completed a manuscript...Hope you rate high on the Editor's list...
Very good characterizations here! Ah, if only we could all have our favorite author tell us our first manuscript was a future best seller :-D

Your writing skills are shining in this one!
05/11/10
I could see the careful concern over the preparation of the manuscript. What a fun story this turned out to be, with encouragement to all writers too! ;)
05/12/10
Enjoyed this - great message for ALL of us holding back our unpublished masterpieces (raising hand HIGH LOL).
AHH! Fear can stop us in our tracks. This is right on and it was beautifully written. Thank you. I enjoyed this very much.
This had a dream-like quality and I was honestly hoping the MC would never awake and realize her dream. The angst you showed coming from your MC seemed very real and something I think all writers can identify with. I liked the testimony of the published author - very reassuring words.
I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner. :(

I loved the doubts your main character has. I know that may seem weird to say, but I have doubts about my writing all the time. It made her seem real to me. And I'm glad your article had a happy ending. How wonderful to finally be published.