The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 953 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very well done, especially the dialog.
This was such a delight. I wish I could read what Sarah wrote, but the mystery is part of the intrigue.
04/30/10
To Sarah's famiy this was exciting news; but to the reader, although well written, rather 'Ho Hum', as in not the most excting story on the turntable. However, nicely done. ( Just doing a little Simon Cowell impersonation here (*.*) being honest...Sorry).
Well written and good dialogue but do agree with Marilyn (as a mini Simon):)...so hope our honesty is truly helpful as it is intended to be.
I would suggest less commentary in the middle, as some of the info did not appear essential to the story. I enjoyed the paragraph that described the various professions Sarah had considered, because it told something of her character. I also appreciated that her parents didn't merely wave their hands as if to say "if she makes it okay, otherwise, oh well", but they took their interest in her future--recognizing their part in encouraging and keeping her accountable to her commitment to writing.
05/05/10
Yah! Maybe Sarah finally found something that she loves to do and has a skill doing. :) Good take on the topic.
05/05/10
I meant to say "yay." :)