The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1211 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/19/09
what a beautiful love poem!
Great poem. How lucky your wife is to have such a romantic husband. I loved the way you brought other aspects of 'yellow' into the poem - sunshine, sunrise, golden harvest. Congratulations.
11/24/09
Can you teach my young man some lessons in romance? :) Seriously, though, this is a very beautifully written poem.
11/24/09
Awesome tribute to someone who must feel very valued and treasured by your thoughtful words. A good lesson for all of us.
11/24/09
Oh to be someone's springtime dreams and autumn memories! That's a relationship for the long haul.
Just love this.
Jim, you have found the right format for your creative writing. It allows you to express your deeply-beautiful thoughts.
Mona
11/24/09
I would be swooning in love if this poem was for me. Wow!
11/24/09
Absolutely lovely. She is very blessed to have you.
Fantastic poem. Loved the reminder that my wife too is "the better part of me." Well done!
11/24/09
Oh, Jim, this is so lovely. And like all the others who've commented, I believe she's very lucky to have you.
11/24/09
I loved this poem! Brings back fond memories of my and my husband's "younger" courtship days (grin).
Your wife is so blessed to have you.
Thanks for the lovely, sweet poem.
I so agree with the others: it's a lovely, sweet, loving poem. Could one of our musically-gifted friends set this to a melody? Seems like it would make a beautiful love song (maybe even become a standard for weddings or anniversaries).
I can't add much to what others have said, but I do have to say this is romantic and beautiful.
11/25/09
This is so beautiful I can hear music playing as I read it. I, too, love letting my lovely wife, who seems to float by me on angel wings, know how I see and feel about her. I just wish I had your poetic talent.
I never read a love poem I enjoyed more. Your miss yellow roses is, indeed, fortunate. Your repetition is just right.