The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1743 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/16/05
Very well crafted and an awesome message!
Thanks for the reminder that Christ alone gives life meaning! After your first paragraph, it took me three reads to make the leap to the second paragraph. It would have helped me if there was a bridge of some kind there. This is a very interesting story with lots of good details.
08/19/05
You so took me there! Great descriptions. A wonderful travelogue with an important reminder about what's important. yeggy
08/20/05
Amazing! very well written!
08/22/05
Loved it Suz, I could picture it all in my minds eye, and as you captured, Ecclesiastes says it all...meaningless.

But for us, hope - and responsibility.
Wow! I was with you every step of the way. Could almost feel the "camel-raw backsides". I liked the way you emphasised that without Christ everything is meaningless regardless of whether one is an emperor, a holy man, an artist, or whatever. Great writing. Thanks for sharing.
10/17/05
Grasping for the wind, sister, grasping for the wind.
We know the meaning of life, and yet no-one believes. Reads like a travel journal but everything you write is still well-written.
If you wrote to win, it would have done excellently as a tour guide or brochure. But, it's a wonderful thing that you've shared. I don't even have to go myself now! ;) heh-heh. Just kidding.