The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a tenderly written piece! There is so much about this that I like. You write so effortlessly, like you know the subject well and know your characters. The voice of the MC is endearing. Your approach to this subject is on target and my only wish is that it could have a sequel. I'd love to know how this motherless family fared in the weeks and months ahead with a nineteen-year-old acting as mother. I like the way she proteced her little sister with MS. A lovely entry and I hope it places high in the final accounting. Kudos!
08/06/09
Beautifully written.
I truly enjoyed this piece. Life at times can be so overwhelming but all thanks to God He is just a breath away. Some young people are more mature and caring then others. Thanks for sharing.
08/12/09
A superb story with a magnificent message. I really liked it.
08/13/09
Congratulations on your story receiving highly recommended status. I was so proud of your MC for standing up like the adult she had so suddenly become. I am sure the Grandmother meant well...but glad to see the family stuck together.
Lisa
Congratulations on your placement! What a great entry! I know you're proud and I'm proud for you. You're such a good writer and I wish you had more opportunities with your busy schedule to do more of it. Kudos, my friend!
I don't think anything can ground us more than taking on the responsibility of caring for others. It changes our entire focus from ourselves and gives purpose to our lives. However, as your story points out, it is not for everyone - some would rather run away. But for those who stay and stick together, oh, what unspeakable joy and yes a piece of heaven here on earth. Thank-you for sharing this real-life vignette so well told and richly deserving of your award.
08/20/09
Wow..beautiful story, Helen.
I could feel the emotions and the transformation of a young woman. Thanks for writing this.