The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1207 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/09
I very impressed with your work on this unusual three-line rhymed poem. Your meter is very good and your rhymes perfect in this. (and this rhyme scheme is difficult to do.) I like your alliterative title. As to your message -- this is powerful writing!
You've managed to tell the story of Christ from birth forward in a limited number of words. Not only that, you did it in rhyme.

I enjoyed reading this. Well done.
Great work with poetry, as well as the message
06/15/09
This was fantastic...loved it!
06/15/09
Very well-written poem...amazing what you said with only three lines per stanza!
Super poem in a format I'm not real accustomed to reading. Super writing with a wonderful lesson taught. Great job!
06/15/09
What a wonderful poem! You did a remarkable job here - the words rhymed without even having to "force" words to fit and the cadence was consistent. This was a fun poem to read with a great message. Well done!
06/16/09
Great writing, I love the flow and the meter. What an awesome tribute to our Lord. I think He would be pleased!
I love the message and I'm really impressed with this format. I get so locked into my four-liners-you have made me want to branch out; I thank you. Great writing.
It's difficult to write rhyming poetry, especially with perfect rhyme, rather than slant rhyme, without it sounding forced. Good job.
06/17/09
Gorgeous, meaningful, profound... This is beautiful! I thought the three-line format worked very well, too. Well done!!
I'm so impressed! Everything about this poem is outstanding. I hope you place and place high!
06/17/09
This is really well written. I didn't feel like I was stumbling through the lines or that the rhyme was forced for the sake of rhyme. Primo job! Kudos to you!
Good job! Nicely done, it flows really easily and reads just as wonderfully! Great stuff! ^_^
06/20/09
Hi Mona. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, Cup in the Calloused Hands of the Carpenter, actually did very well in the Empty and Full Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 3, placing 13th in that Level.

There were a lot of entries this week, and the competition is always intense in Level 3, so you deserve a pat on the back. :-)

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25956

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)