The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Amen! My first memory of your closing line came from Mel, the cook on the 70's sitcom "Alice". Nice work on an encouraging piece!
Good closing thought to support an expectant faith: "When we carry His banner into the fray, we are strengthened by His mighty hand and our faith is renewed by the visible signs of His intercession."
Loved the last line with the spiritual twist to it!
08/09/05
I liked the point: It seemed easy at first.
and then the end hit the mark. God bless ya,
littlelight
08/10/05
Good truths in this lesson. Thanks for sharing.
SPA--makes a 'lotta' sense! Great message!
08/12/05
I wish there were answers to the mountain top experience being swallowed by the status quo. Carrying God's banner is the right choice! Thanks for submitting
08/12/05
Loved the twist, thanks for submitting.
08/12/05
So true with any 'retreat' - and the concept of advancing - well done!
I've experienced the same thing: just when you've got alone with God and ascended the mountaintop, you are called to get back to the humdrum of the real world. Good points made!!
Some interesting imagery: "How to smuggle a mountaintop experience back into our humdrum lives" and "Our engines of faith sputtered at first". A much needed spiritual lesson presented in an enjoyable - yet challenging - way. Thanks for sharing.