The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1934 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well-written and a commanding read.
Terrific analogy. No amount of good work compensates for our sin. Jesus alone is our passport to Heaven. Not even reading that "extensive book about His country from cover to cover" will do it. Loved that line! Very well done.
08/02/05
Fantastic - no doubt a winning entry! Religion and works without faith are in vain. It reminds me of this verse, "But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."
Great build-up, tension, and ending. This confrontation says so much: “Not what religion you observed, Mick. I said faith."
08/03/05
Wow, alot of people sure are turned away in heaven on these articles. Something to think about! Good article though-great thoughts and I liked that it's not about religion, its about faith! God bless ya! littlelight
Well done!!!!
08/05/05
Well written... the story unfolded nicely. Good job!
08/06/05
Very nicely written :)
Top shelf in my book! A contender indeed!
08/07/05
I find it sad, even in a story, when someone gets to 'that moment' and they don't have the right credentials. (sigh) Well written and evocative.
The dialogue between characters is well crafted...there are so many 'Christians' like Mick who are so busy serving in the way they think they are supposed to that they don't take the time to ask the Lord what He would have them do. Excellent message!! One I will read aloud to my family!
08/09/05
Cheri, I knew what was coming, but that didn't spoil the message at all. This will be an excellent addition to the book. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
08/09/05
Cheri,
Your story was nicely written and kept me reading although I knew where it was heading. You have a good command of the language and the dialogue was excellent.
how delightful- Mick can meet the one who intercedes- Your piece provides an important point to remind us to introduce him sometime
08/12/05
Great writing! You developed your characters well. I could "see" the conversation happening as I read. Your story pulled me in and held me to the end.
10/18/05
Hi Cheri. I'm just preparing the new FaithWriters' Anthology and need a short (two to three sentences) bio piece to include in a new section for the book - "Meet Our Authors." The bio notes need to be written in the third person. Could you please send it to me via a Private Message? Thanks so much. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)