The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1610 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Awesome! This is my favorite section:

I am unsure of what I am seeking, and I wonder what I am running from. Wherever I go, there I am. Escape is futile. The freedom I hope for is always just beyond my grasp and slipping through my fingers.

Many of us have experienced this, whether we went searching for answers physically like you did, or just within ourselves.

Beautifully written, wonderful descriptions. I could see the waterfalls and microbus, and I could hear the music as you traveled along.
07/25/05
Absolutely awesome!
Debbie said it first, but this is my favorite line: "Wherever I go, there I am." So often we run, we hide, we confront others, when the true issue is really within ourselves. And no matter where we go, or what we do to find fulfillment, the problem is not fixed, for we carry it right along with us. A beautifully written piece! Thanks for sharing!
07/26/05
We're definitely getting a consensus on the best line in the piece. I agree. Wonderful story of God's direction. The amazing part is that God knew all along what was the desire of your heart - you just had to drive a long way to catch up!
Ditto on the favorite line. The whole article is completely amazing!
07/27/05
This is truly poetry in prose and I just love it. The way you led up to what God wanted for you all along. It's just great.
Ditto what has already been said. I also like the framing - opening with the open road and closing with the continual spiritual journey: "another journey is just beginning – a journey on the road to redemption."
07/28/05
They become another waterfall, rushing over the stones of my heart. “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened,” Matthew 7:7, 8 (NASB).
This is exceptionally good article. Well written, descriptions-of the physical and of the heart. God bless ya, littlelight
07/29/05
Great job. This was an awesome story!
07/30/05
Very nice journey of faith.
08/01/05
A well introduced, delightful, journey of faith story. A bit of a leap for me, though, from party girl to 'I tuck my Bible'. Perhaps if you expand this you could think about more transition there.
08/02/05
Beautiful! I love the line, "Nothing can deter my jailbreak from the prison of mediocrity and boredom, but I need an accomplice." Well done!
08/03/05
Crista, you are SOOOO on a roll with your writing at the moment. Congratulations on your 5th place win in the Editors' Choice awards. Very well deserved. You are just going from strength to strength. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)