The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 972 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/16/09
Wow, how sad! I know this happens. It's just so sad. Good writing.
02/16/09
This is very sad. I hope someone feels compelled to reach out to these young girls. Good job.
02/18/09
A poignant and haunting poem, reminding us of the dark side of life It was fitting to add the footnote to give readers a chance to respond. I felt that as a poem it would have been even better if the rhyming pattern established in the first 2 verses had been held to in the last two. Your variation on the theme in the refrain was very clever though.
02/18/09
Excellent, as usual!

I like the way you address several different "audiences", but in reality, you address us all. Effective repetition and assonance. Very well done!
Sadness permeates your poem, and the plea in the last stanza is a most effective closure.
02/18/09
Poignant, sad, and masterfully crafted. Tugged at my heart.
Oh my goodness. So sad but we need the reminder! Thank you!
02/18/09
Beautfiul writing about the terrbile subject of human atrocities that plague many societies. Thanks for the reminder that there are some who don't have it so good and really need help.
Difficult subject well addressed.