The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1679 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/09
Very clever—who would have thought to write from the perspective a Canada Goose—and to make it sound like a prison escape!
02/10/09
I didn't catch that this was about the geese, but should have when you mentioned the V for victory. My brain must be melting.(lol)
I did really enjoy your poem.
Was this written to be set to music? It has a very strong, but subtle beat.

I don't understand the first three stanzas - who are they at war with? but once they made their escape, I was flying in formation with them, spirit soaring. Unique, creative, and uplifting.
02/10/09
I finally caught on when you mentioned the V. Very imaginative. The geese are wonderful to watch as they fly.
02/10/09
Very good--I especially like the use of repetition here, because I'd imagine that's how geese think...that may not make sense, but it does to me!
02/11/09
So the geese don't like Americans shooting them? I always wondered why they kept returning to Canada.

Vivid writing... I enjoyed it.
02/12/09
Very very clever. And I like the rhythm of the verses. Great poetry.
02/12/09
Very creative! I'm glad other comments gave the game away as I was dumb enough to miss the plot completely. On the second reading it all came together and I really enjoyed it. Excellent writing.