The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1323 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/09
What an awesome story! It so totally captures exactly what it means to live in the USA. Excellent.
01/15/09
For being such a difficult topic, you certainly seemed to find your wings and spirited us with you on an unexpected flight to "Memory Island". That place where each one of us has a a teacher or a special someone that inspired us with the potential of our futures and fueled us with hope to make our dreams a reality. Thanks for the MEMORY!
01/15/09
I love stories about inspirational teachers! This is very well-written, and I enjoyed every word.
01/16/09
I used to teach grade school, and I also homeschooled for several years and then tutored for a few more. I have a soft spot for teachers! :)

Your story was very inspiring and All-American in tone. I especially liked the sentence: "No longer were we little kids without purpose in life; that day we became children with a dream."
I do believe this is my favorite article so far. Just beautiful in so many ways. Love the characters. Love the overall story, the American dream. . . :)
01/22/09
A winner for sure!

This was beautifully written; I cried. :)

No red ink could I find....you definitely nailed this one!
Your story is awesome.
01/22/09
Congratulations on your "highly commended"! You have great skills.
01/22/09
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. This is well written, and very inspirational. Nice job with the topic.
Connie, congratulations on your HC on this delightful, uplifting story.
01/22/09
Very, very good Connie. The whole paragraph that ends "...as that hope escaped its solemn refuge" made me hold me breath. Beautiful message and so very tenderly written.
What a perfect story to represent the USA. I enjoyed the fact that success was attained to and success was achieved and you were able to bless your teacher as she had blessed you. Beautifully told. Thank you!
01/23/09
CONGRATULATIONS on your "Highly Commended" for this wonderful story! :)