The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1167 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, this is so good, so heartfelt and touching. I love this and your descriptions and comparisons of emotion and the characters! Good job!! God bless your writing!:0))
12/04/08
Great, great story. Good character development and wonderful descriptions of the kids staring out the window. Very nice.
12/09/08
"Dave tried to speak, but the words skidded past his mouth."
I loved that! I could see this man hurting so over not being able to give his girls "the moon" and his speechless reaction to his boss's generosity.
Well done!

Excellent entry! I love your title, too. Congratulations on your EC! I see this is your first challenge entry, too. What an accomplishment!
Almost the 12th hour, but not quite...a good story, well told. Your writing is, in very believable and authentic. Congratulations on you placement! And, if this is your first entry, welcome to FW.

Loren
12/11/08
Congratulations on your placement. It is well deserved.
The competition in Advanced is tough, and you pulled it off wonderfully.
Excellent story, well deserved EC! My mom owned a dress factory and you brought me back there, watching my grandfather and the other pressers. Congratulations.
12/12/08
Gail, I felt every bit of this story...the mother's nervous hope, the children's excitement, the dad's despair, even the glee of the generous boss! What a heart-warming tale! Nicely done. Congrats on your EC!