The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1793 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/05
That was nicely written, so sad though. Even though this person was bitter, still searching for something (God?) to fill that void. God bless ya, littlelight
07/19/05
Oh my gosh ... this is so sad; and what is even more sad is the ending. No reconciliation; no hope. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6. I know you don't want a sermon here, but perhaps this offers a way to go - camping out at Faith. In His Grip, KC
07/19/05
A deep, emotional piece. Well written. Good job!
07/21/05
Wow, I stayed glued to this story, so full of emotional frustration, or disappointment, perhaps "stunned" is the word I'm looking for.
07/22/05
This is so sad ... so haunting ... and so beautiful. (Beautiful given that I'm not the main character - beautiful as an observer of your writing!) What a magnificent insight into grief and the struggle to make sense of it all. Well done.
07/22/05
What a beautiful and heartbreaking story of the journey to healing. I am so glad you left it unresolved because that is life sometimes! God doesn't always heal in an instant - it is a process. It seems this woman is so angry she is trying to find peace somewhere other than at the feet of her heavenly Father and of course she will be left wanting. Nice, thanks.
07/23/05
There is so much packed into this piece. Lonliness...uncertainty...desperation...I'd love to see this expanded to include her full journey and what she ultimately finds.
Beautiful writing!
Blessings, Lynda
Sad is not a word I would use here. It's deeper than that. It speaks of an internal chamber that is crisp and sharp from lack of visitation, thats all. Rightly understood, this chamber really does offer a beauty that is a rare experience. I think it can almost qualify standing next to the beauty of holiness, because it's perhaps one of those emotions that border on the broken heart of Jesus also.
It was a great way to explain some of Australia's landscape too.
07/23/05
Nice descriptions for those have not been able to visit the Land Down Under. A unique story.
07/24/05
This is absolutely beautiful. I love our wide brown land and I love stories of her people, tough as we have to be, struggling amidst the elements to discover our meaning and purpose. Your style is lovely and I really like this piece! Good onya!
Karen
07/24/05
I haven't been there landscape wise - but I have been there spiritually. It left me wanting to know more and to read more of the struggle and its eventual solution.