The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1958 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
Yes, praise God that Jesus sits on that stand - watching and ready to pull us from the brink when we fail.

Thanks for a very meaningful article.
07/12/05
Wonderful!!!!!!!!
This is my favorite entry!

Such a brilliant idea to relate the lifeguard to God. And the illustrations you gave were very apt as well.

Great life lessons on a God who doesn't give up on us even though we stray from safe waters time and again!
07/12/05
I love the phrase about 'dental floss' clad girls! You have a good solid message coming through. Well done.
07/13/05
Very original! It held my attention through to the end, and I really enjoyed it. Good job!
07/14/05
This one is really well written and meets all the criteria! The deeper level of the story is very clear. Lots to think about. My favourite so far.
07/14/05
An excellent entry and message.
07/14/05
Fantastic! The lifeguard is an awesome portrait of God and the persons on the beach are typical of humanity. You succeeded in presenting several 'warnings' in this piece. I especially liked how you portrayed the undeserved anger toward the lifeguard. I love this story!
07/14/05
Truly nice vision, nicely written and hopefully people will realize how carefully Jesus looks after us, even when we don't often enough appreciate it. Great writing.
littlelight
07/15/05
You draw a beautiful picture of our loving, patient Lord. Very well done!
Nicely done story, a readable commentary on boundaries and the parameters set by our Lord for our own good! I found myself wanting to fall in love with this loving life guard.......:-)
07/16/05
nice point of view... well crafted warnings. very good!
Wow! This is awesome. I love the comparison. Great insights throughout. I agree with Crista that the part about the undeserved anger we feel toward the Lifeguard -- and I particularly love and believe what you wrote about His feeling the most pain over every loss. Beautiful!
You did an awesome job with this piece! Though we have a Lifeguard, we also have responsibility to heed the instructions He has made so plainly clear to us in His word! We can make all the choices we want; we have a loving Father who gave us free will. The one thing we cannot choose are the consequences for the choices already made!