The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
Wow. Creepy, beautiful, stirring, heart breaking.
You played my emotions like a guitar. Well-done word muscian.
How very sad. You can weave a tale.
07/11/05
Chilling.
07/11/05
Very creatiev. I liked the psychological implications of this piece. Keep up the good work!
07/11/05
A truely haunting story. Leaves me hoping that she finds healing in sharing it with her husband.
07/13/05
Excellent piece. It did contain some creepiness but that is exactly what drew me in and captivated me til the end. Wonderful writing.
Blessings, Lynda
07/14/05
I am awed. Moving, touching article-how effective and far reaching. Great writing and description. God bless, littlelight
07/15/05
I like the contrast between the creepiness and the husband's sleeping face, bathed by the red digits of the alarm clock. What a piece! Well done.
Very nice development. A real grabber.
Wow! Gave me chills. It's going to take a while for me to shake it off.

Great message about the need to let go of past sins and the way they can stalk us like a monster. Your description is awesome, as always.
07/17/05
Powerful! Strong but subtle message of hope.
07/18/05
Amazing writing, crafted with great skill. This piece is so intriguing. Is she haunted by an abortion? Will she receive forgiveness and healing through the Lord? Where is God in this story?
I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Your visualizations are awesome. Congrats and belessings on your continued work.
07/19/05
Ah Maxx ... what can I say? Another excellent story that is a well deserved winner. You took the topic and created something unique and absorbing. Well done (as always)! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Chills, shivers, breathtaking, mesmorizing, intelligent, poetic, gripping, beautiful, a masterpiece. Maxx, these are all ingredients which comprise your works. This one was spectacular. Utterly breathtaking. How did you come up with this creative idea? I loved the foreshawdow. It a short stroy I find that foreshawdowing becomes a "dumping ground." People unload the characters life story in three sentances and the reader becomes bored. Not with this story. I found out that hse was married for five years, struggled with self hate, had numerous lovers, had an abortion, was in theropy, and that she had secrets from her husband due to her guilt she carried with her. Amazing. This piece should be on display on how to write an excellent short story. You had everything in this one. I commend you!

I think this peice influanced my "peace" challenge. Memorable story. :-)