The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1796 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/01/08
So painful to read. Absolutely painful, but I'm so glad you wrote it. This is a story that needs to be told, discussed, remembered and learned from. The writing is excellent and the effort is courageous.
05/02/08
You've succeeded to portray a horrible incident. It's a painful story but a realistic one. We're in a fallen world. I'm wondering how you could inject in this story with the hope God offers. Great job!
05/05/08
So tragic that stories like this keep happening. Families, doctors and society do not act soon enough to deal with such serious problems.
05/06/08
This was marvelously written, but had to force myself to finish once I saw where it was going. Such an unbelievably tragic story, but one that needs to be told. Well done.
I know this had to be difficult to write, but I'm so glad you did. Abuse and illness needs to be known.
Wow. I'm almost speechless. Though this was a terrible event, you told it with the boldness that it needed in order to effective and get the reader thinking.

Mental illness is terrible, and you showed the tragic effects that the mind can have on a person if they do not get help when they need it.

This must have been as hard for you to write as it was for me to read. I appreciate you showing a different side of the topic, even if it isn't the happy side that we all want to dwell on.
05/06/08
Chilling writing based on a tragic event. I like the "whisper lady" character. Thanks for the reminder that life isn't always perfect. Excellent work on this.
Ohhhh, so incredibly sad. You really took us straight into the story and kept us there to see it all. It was sad especially to know it was based/is a true story. Wow. Great writing though-I could see this and the atmosphere was good! ^_^
Appreaciated the different slant you chose. Your MC's voice is eerie, but fitting. Bold and well done!
05/07/08
Amazingly powerful and frightening, and story that needed to be told. This sent chills down my spine. Wow.
You tackled a painful story and brought it to life so vividly that we could feel the torment of Andrea Yates.
05/08/08
What a haunting image and a haunting reminder that the pain and horror of this old world is lived by children daily and in all countries. Such a sad, sad story of real-life events. You were able to place the reader into this woman's mind.
05/10/08
Wow. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. Just wanted to add my appreciation and accolades. Very well done.
You handled this subject matter very well. What a sad story.