The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1941 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/02/08
I had to smile at your "working cow" description. :) Your writing is gripping. The depression your describe is so heart-breaking. You have some great phrases, "our crying tax dependent", "showing off their victories". I loved reading of the "balm of hope for me" that your mother relayed. Your writing of what a lot of women experience after childbirth is very good. I pray others may be helped by reading this.
05/03/08
Very good writing and on a subject many are scared to write about but which needs to be written about.
05/04/08
True confessions of a new mother - these thoughts made me feel much, much better. I thought I was the only one in the world to harbor such thoughts at the beginning. Thank you for sharing...and very nicely done.
05/06/08
Nice work and I like the title.
Congratulations Julie! This puts you in Master's now, right? Awesome writing! I liked how you marked the passage of time and the changing feelings all the way throughout, very nicely done!
05/09/08
I have to thank you for this because it speaks so eloquently to the kind of pain I felt with my newborns, and to the growing of love as time passes. Well done.
05/09/08
WOW! This is an excellent portrayal of the "baby blues"! Your last line was so perfect, too! I congratulate you on your well-deserved EC and your move up to Masters!! :)
Julie, you really nailed this one. It's been a long time, but I remember. Congratulations!
Perfect portrayal of "baby blues." This is great. Congrats!
Your format worked well for me. I can't personlly identify, but you certainly make it easier to feel what some mothers do feel .

I especially liked it when she fianlly showed concern for "her boys", Those two words stick with me after reading this well done entry.

Congratulations.
05/13/08
Although I've heard this story from you before, as I read it, it drew me in and took me through a roller coaster of emotions with you.

God has blessed your writing. Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone and into the waters of where HE wants you.