The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1191 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This worked so well as a diary entry. I enjoyed watching her relationship develop with both grandparents.
This is so precious! I loved the character of Tammy, and I really liked the letter format. It was great, I felt sad at the end that her Grandpa died, but there was hope with her new life beginning in Christ. Great stuff! ^_^
04/11/08
The Bible in the box was a wonderful touch to a great piece...very nice.
04/11/08
Your story is very touching, well-developed, and is told creatively. Each progression tells more of the story and draws the reader in deeper. You bring back a lot of memories with the quarter for candy and the song you mention. I really enjoyed reading this.
04/12/08
This is super. I love the format and the progression of it. It brought tears to my eyes at the end--so bittersweet for Granma. Great job!! :-)
04/14/08
Now I need a tissue :) This is beautiful and tender and I really like the use of the letter as a storytelling device. Wonderful piece!
A treasure of a story. I liked the transformation from bored teen to exuberant baby Christian. Now if I just blink and swalow a few times, both eyes and throat will return to normal.
My grandmother used to sing that song "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." You reminded me of that when you mentioned it in your story.

The letter format worked nicely to tell your story. I really appreciate that the little girl wanted to know more about Jesus by the end of the story.

You have great writing talent, and it is demonstrated in this story. Thank you for sharing.