The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1071 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/21/08
What a beautiful--and sad--picture of restoration. Sometimes the life-changing decisions are made after we feel like it's too late. But then it's never too late, is it? Very well-written and pulled on my heartstrings.
Wow, what a first chapter! I'm glad for the hope at the end, that she'll try and make an effort now. It was sad to see her alone and asking the questions that sometimes, we honestly don't want the answers to. You did well with this piece, I liked the journal format. ^_^
02/24/08
Very nicely done--I love the theme of reconciliation.
You kept my attention all the way through. Well done.
02/26/08
I loved reading this. The journal entries are a great way to tell this. My heart ached for your MC and so your ending was welcome. I really like how you related their story to a book (The First Chapter)--great title. Good work on this!
I want to read the rest!!! Keep writing, your characters are so real.
Ditto on the format being effective. You really capture the stubbornness of unforgiveness, and the flicker of hope for reconciliation. I like how the daughter kept exhibiting openness.
This is good, but sad that often times we wait too long to restore what has been lost.
02/28/08
Very good job! I did the letter thing this week too. Great minds:)
Other than some minor punctuation issues I think you ministered your point of reconciliation extremely well. The story had a hint of suspense, a well developed conflict and a satisfying resolution. Over-all, an extremely well presented story. Sad, but sprinkled with hope. Thanks for the "extra" clue. I was looking for, "Once upon a time", I never even get to the first chapter:)
Great title as well. God bless.