The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1473 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
Good allegory, and I like the wry voice of your narrator.
12/08/07
Very clever. I just read your whole entry and just now got your title:) Good job!
Laury
12/08/07
Wow, what a group. It'd be fun to listen in on this group every week. Very cool analogy and fun to read, too. The title is perfect.
12/08/07
Fun and clever - I really liked the voice.
I enjoyed all the plays on words. It made this a fun read.
This is just hilarious! I loved the sarcasim (it's so me) and it just kept me reading!

Keep up the great writing!
12/12/07
Awesome title and cute ending! Loved it.
Heehee! this was just too funny to read! I liked the word play on the names and especially the dry humor-I was laughing at the last few lines. "Makeup is Mandatory" Too funny! Great job with this!
12/12/07
You kept me laughing through the entire story. I loved your wordplay! Very nice.
Your name symbolism is really wonderful. I loved most of all the sad, yet hilarious, thoughts of your mc.
12/12/07
What a fun read! It'd be fun to hear more from these neighbors. I didn't get the title until I read Laury's comment (I love it!!) Good job!!
12/12/07
Wow! I love the 'authentic', 'made-up' character names -- almost Charles Dicken-ish! Names do mean something.
12/12/07
Creative and humorous! Thanks for making me smile from ear to ear :)
12/12/07
This was laugh out loud funny. I must get the Mrs to read it.
12/12/07
This is very funny. I used to be in a group that sounds very much like these people. Fun story to read for the topic.
I love the satire and humor here. You did a wonderful job of getting a strong message across to your audience, by using a brilliant sense of humor.
12/14/07
This cleverly written entry was so much fun to read! I especially liked these names, "Peace Ennie
Price and Pollie Anna Cleaver".
12/15/07
Satire at its best. What a hoot! My favourite line is:
"My mission was to find some dirt on Polly. With grace, of course."
Finally got the 'Pollie-aint-ah-clever' name. Very clever! I like the caricaturing of each character.
This is a difficult one to critique. Requires a bit of thought and study on the piece. Our own styles sometimes make our opinions rather subjective, but here goes:
I'd push the caricaturing a bit harder. Maybe let each of them speak for themselves a bit more, unless the "voice" of the narrator comes up with a wry spin on what they say. Interested to know what others think.