The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1440 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/05
I really enjoyed reading this! I liked your use of scripture to back up Valentine's arguments. I wasn't sure about your portrayl of Claudius - he came across as almost reasonable in giving Valentne chances. I thought Claudius might also make an issue about himself being divine.
Wow! I really have enjoyed the creative historical accounts of Valentine! Excellent!
Great use of dialogue! I like how you incorporated atmospheric elements into the verbal exchange. These characters really came alive for me.
05/23/05
Very creative and well written! Way to go!
05/23/05
very nice portrayal of St. Valentine.
05/23/05
Very creative and historical approach.
Well written. I, too, enjoyed this legend and I almost wrote a story from the viewpoint of a couple Valentine secretly married. It would have gone well with this story! :-) Good job!
05/25/05
Each take on the saint has been uniquely different. I like this one for its immediacy: first person point of view and the rain takes me there! And the convincing interraction between the characters.
05/26/05
I enjoyed this piece. It gave me a piece of history I was not familiar with. The dialogue and the inclement atmosphere added authenticity to the story. Well done!
05/30/05
Yikes! This one had me shaking in my boots! Congratulations on your win! I loved being able to enter into that awful period from the safety of the desk chair! Congratulations on your win!
Congratulations, Lisa. You need to update your profile -- "beginning writer" doesn't sound appropriate in conjunction with your submissions. Keep the stories coming, and you'll have a string of "wins". Great job!