The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1488 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/07
This is a scenario all too familiar in many homes today. The story felt very realistic, and I could feel the relief and gratefulness of the MC as encouragement was offered. To have it come just as she prayed is awesome!
11/17/07
What a difficult situation to find yourself in, but so comforting to see how Christian friends rallied around you to help in so many encouraging ways.
11/17/07
You did an awesome job of capturing the anxiety and desperation of your MC, and of bringing in that so-needed encouragement. Great sense of place.
11/17/07
It is difficult caring for someone who is elderly. A great reminder to encourage those who are facing the same challenges as the MC. Great piece.
11/17/07
Encouragement is courage heaven sent! God's Word tells us not to be weary in well doing, because we will reap if we don't give up-- But--during those times when we DO get weary, our Father gently reminds us that He is right there with us: His strength is made perfect in our moments of weakness. Thank you for sharing your faith experience--from the young ones to Grandmom, and the whirlwind of life in between!
11/18/07
Very nice. I like how you intertwined the e-mail with actual contact with others. I really like this one! E-mail is a God-send in our busy world!
Laury
11/21/07
You've got all of the emotions, frustrations, and relief in the MC's manner and dialogue down pat! So realistically written, I felt I was in the room with her.
11/21/07
This is very well written! You've written this from experience and the sense of overwhelm"ment" is evident in your writing. The ladies who ministered to you were used by God! What an amazing testimony!