The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1117 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/16/05
Sad and yet hopeful too. I had a professor once who lost all 4 of her children in a car accident - almost lost her own life too. When I met her, she and her husband were starting their second family - a wonderful tribute to God's love.

You wrote this well - your descriptions were very vivid.
05/16/05
Very well written! Good job!
Oh my....... what a powerful piece you have written! I was so blessed that you offered HOPE or I think I would have had to go jump off a bridge. God has given you a HUGE gift of writing!
05/17/05
A well written story. Believable characters that underpin the story and take the melo out of drama. The reality of the relationship bet husband and wife work: there is hope but much work to be done!
Powerful story and VERY well told. You deserve a win! :-)
05/18/05
Amazing, powerful imagery. You unfolded the reason for her grief slowly and that made it all the more effective
05/20/05
Most excellent writing! This is a winner in my book! :-)
05/20/05
This is an emotional struggle. I normally do not like/read stories like this, but this one captured my attention. Good job.
05/21/05
And isn't that what the new year is often about - a new start? What a horrible year. Thank God for friends like Darla. I liked the recurring concept of the 'metal nest' and the 'metal safe'. Well written.
05/24/05
Kelly, I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that you were in the semi-finals for the New Year challenge. In fact, you did exceptionally well, and were next in line for the Editors' Choice, ranking in 9th place over all. I think you deserved to know that. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)