The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1910 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Srormy sea, quiet aftermath. A good theme to parallel the storms in our lives and God's ability to bring the peace that passes understanding.
09/21/07
I like the way that you had the weather parallel Carla's life.

Two things: a missal is a religious book; I think you meant missile. And would she really let him stew a while, after wanting him back so desperately?

I enjoyed this story of God's faithfulness, a great deal.
09/21/07
I enjoyed your analogies. It made your story spring to life. Good example of a touch of tough love!
I enjoyed the vivid example of faith in our Heavenly Father; and the portrayal of a mother's love.
09/22/07
Very maternal. Great description. I'd have liked to see some of the backstory linked to debris in Carla's shattered life. "Let him sweat a little."<--loved this line.
I was surprised by the turn of the peace after the strom and the calmness the MC felt realized walking on the beach to the actual unrest in her life at the moment.
then you wrote about how God calmed her after her personal storm. Good comparison! I.too, thought the ending was "off" a little from reality. But , overall, great writing!
Oh, man! Sorry for the typos!