The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1260 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
I loved this story! Powerful, beautiful, vivid writing, both in descriptions and dialogue. Great use of verbs like "slithering" and imagery like that of the arms of the trees. I could see, hear, and feel everything as though I were there.

Could feel with Jimmy, too--as I was often bullied as a child. However, I've read in recent books on the subject that bullies are more often not cowards, just insensitive. But there may indeed be some that fit the description of Butch. He does seem very real!

Clever ending--and the title also drew me in. Great job!
08/31/07
Very, very good!
Just right for "fearful," but more than that "interesting." I loved the resolution of the story.
09/02/07
Aww... this was wonderful. So glad Clarence changed because of kindness and didn't continue. There is always a story behind the perpetrator! Well written and a good read... !
09/03/07
Good story, with a moral and a pupose...not to mention a great finale! Good Job!
09/07/07
Congratulations, Jacqueline. Your entry has placed 38th overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall is available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.