The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1788 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
This is really good. Very well written. Your dialogue and descriptions put me right in the middle of the story. Good job.
08/31/07
I like it. It kept me interested and wanting more. Great job!
Very well written story. I was impelled to read to the end. It dealt well with the abortion issue and trust in God to answer prayer. Well done!
08/31/07
Great title, really evocative story. I'd love to know more about these people...why were they in Japan? Why was the servant so helpful? What will become of the heroine? More, please!
08/31/07
Wonderful!! You had me all the way through. I could feel the angst and fear; the father's anger. This was absolutely great.
Your story is so well written that it invites anger for the father, sympathy for the mc, and gladness for the servant with her solution. It also leaves the reader with a desire to know more.
09/02/07
The "Date" in the beginning made me think that in the end we would know the Great Person this "problem" baby became. I don't know why, but I was disappointed that I didn't have a name to go with the story. Well written.
09/03/07
Draws the reader in early. Strong emotion. Good dialogue. Kept me reading to the end, and left me wanting more. Well done. I hope the rest of the story is coming soon.
09/03/07
Very well written and described. The setting is exotic, the characters are richly drawn, and the plot is intriguing. The makings of a good story!
This story definitely could be expanded, with all the historical and cultural textures waiting to be explored. Your dialogue was great and the action, well-described.

It was tough reading the paragraph where father abused daughter, but it certainly made me care and I was happy at the conclusion. Excellent job this week!
09/03/07
Excellent sense of place as always, Dara. I also would have loved to hear more "backstory" - is this a novel waiting to happen? I'd buy it! Very compelling.
Very heartwarming story. I wanted it to go on!
09/04/07
Very interesting, absorbing story! I liked your title, your characters, your plot. I would have liked to know what happened to the baby's father, among other things. It would be nice to be able to read more! :) Good job!
09/04/07
Oooh...I was so caught up in the story I found myself hugely disappointed when it ended. Great dialogue, wonderful pacing. Well done!
09/05/07
Woo-hoo! This is great. What an emotional ride that was; anger, fear, sadness, and joy. Well done.
Ohhhh, I wish this were a book so I could sit down and read it for hours. Awasome writing!
09/06/07
Congratulations, Dara! This was a most enjoyable read - but then yours always are. Bravo!
09/07/07
Congratulations on your highly commended. This was one of my favorites.