The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1681 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/07
Oh, I love this story! My Dad did the same thing with his lunch pail and I smiled as I read your descriptions about your Dad. Wonderful testimony of a special family.
07/20/07
Wonderful story - well written - good use of descriptive words - and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for writing this. I can't think of a thing to change.
I really enjoyed reading your story. God didn't answer the way I thought He would, but He is always Jehova-Jireh. How cool.
07/22/07
I'm bawling, this is so precious! This has to go in my favorites, and I hope it goes in THE BOOK of EC selections. What blessed memories, what a darling little girl, what a wonderful story! I hope you are writing a book---I want my own copy.
This is a treasure of a story, surely a winner! The descriptions were wonderful and the family love and faith in God visible.
07/23/07
Tears in my eyes — I especially loved that last paragraph.
07/23/07
This is so heartwrenching, and such a wonderful portrait of a family committed to Him! Wonderful.
07/23/07
What an awesome comparison between the happiness of a child and the true happiness of relying on God even in hard times. Excellent descriptions.
A wonderful tribute to your parents, and a great testimony to living in faith and knowing true happiness.
Wonderful story, beautifully written. I found myself thinking about how parents influence their children more through their actions of faith than their words. Great story, great message.
WoW! I have a big lump in my throat as I write. This is a fabulous testimony of faith. I love how the song fit every phase of life and even death. Excellent writing!
Mariane, you've touched a chord in all our hearts with this wonderfully bittersweet story! I remember my mother telling of the Depression and how hard, but precious, the joys and sorrows of life were then. You've captured that time and experience perfectly here. What masterful skill you have in story telling! Truly exquisite in every way! Thank you for your generosity in sharing with us something that is so precious to your heart. I'll remember this one for a very long time.