The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1487 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/03/07
Lovely message, with wonderful detail throughout. I enjoyed this very much! Your last paragraph is beautiful.
05/04/07
Wow! What a touching story with a profound message at the end! Through your excellent descriptive writing, I could visualize the entire account. It almost brought me to tears! Thank you for sharing this!
05/04/07
This is wonderfully told. Thank you.
05/05/07
Gee, what a story! Very touching and thought provoking. Your writing style is so tender and unique. I felt as if I had experienced this story rather than just read it. Really great work!
05/06/07
Such a tender, loving story with a beautiful message. Truly enjoyed it!
05/06/07
Great, well-written story - and a heart-tugger, too!
05/07/07
Great story, well written!
05/08/07
I'd love to see this piece illustrated, or perhaps expanded as a YA novel. Very nice.
This is a very interesting read. Well written and an inspiration. I do think you meant to use "purposely adopted" instead of "purposefully adopted", but this is very minor. A wonderfully written piece.
05/09/07
A very touching piece of writing and message, especially the final paragraph.
05/09/07
Thank you for sharing Sock's story with us and reminding us to treasure the blessings, the moments that add so much to our lives. Well done. :-)
05/09/07
What a lovely, touching, and tender piece. I love how God uses His creation to reveal His heart to us.
I loved this story and the lessons in it. Well done.
Last summer we had a dove visit our horses too! But only for a couple of days.
Bless ya
May I say you write exceedingly well! Your word carpentry fascinated me as much as the story itself. I'm a soft touch where any animal is concerned and the thought of a grieving little dove hit me deep within. But oh what comfort there is in our Comforter, just like you were to Socks. A truly beautiful and very, very well written piece. If you aren't a winner, I'll be very surprised indeed.
This gave me goosebumps reading it. So beautiful and simple. Socks was wonderful, precious detail. I felt as if I knew her myself just reading through this. Inspiring and top notch! ^_^
05/10/07
I must agree with other comments, this is begging to be illustrated and expanded! Fantastic writing!
05/10/07
I liked this very much. Haven't had much time to read. very glad God led me here. Thanks for the blessing. God bless.
This was indeed a special story. Thanks for sharing, Cheri