The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/02/07
Okay, stop it! I'm running out of tissue. Who knew sewing could be so "darn" emotional. I've read two poetic entries that drove me to tears. That's it! I'm through for the night. Ahhhh, but they were worth the read! *snif snif* Thanks for the memories. I have a knitted blanket from my Big Mamma and my grandma!
03/05/07
If there is anything wrong with this one I don't see it and I don't care. It was well crafted, smooth, emotional, and just all around fantastic. Excellent work!
Wonderful lifetime memory of mama, differently done in poem form. Good job.
03/07/07
The onomatopoeia throughout is extremely effective!
I love this character study of a mother, all through a daughter's life. The description was excellent. The sounds moved it along.
Yes! This is how a poem should be written. I love the story too.
03/07/07
LOVE the rat-a-tat repetition - so very effective. Lovely lovely lovely!
03/07/07
What a precious poem. Well done.
03/08/07
I really enjoyed this especially the repetitive sound. Thanks for sharing it
I really loved this poem. I even read it aloud to my very quiet, non-reader of a husband and his face got all soft and he commented, "Wow." That is very high praise!