The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1151 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/01/07
Just LOVE the last paragraph, and the whole premise of this. There were a few places here and there where I felt like you were telling a bit too much rather than showing, but I loved Anthony, and you did a fine job with the teacher and her "dilemna." Fun stuff.
You "thread" your reader along, skillfully, the same way Anthony did his teacher. Very clever!
03/04/07
This was funny. If only I had been as clever in school!
Very unique take on sin and evil. Who can we laugh at if we can't laugh at ourselves?
03/07/07
Hilarious! I loved the teacher's dilemna and young Anthony's argument. Very funny, particularly the irony at the end about carpentry... I can just hear what he would say about that and why it is good! :)
03/07/07
Oh my, I've had students just like Anthony, could talk their way outta anything--I LOVED this!
03/07/07
Creative and well written!
A real treat to read! Realistic dialogue and characters.
03/07/07
Love that Anthony, and the last line is priceless! Well written and very amusing. Thanks for sharing it
03/07/07
Love that Anthony, and the last line is priceless! Well written and very amusing. Thanks for sharing it
03/07/07
VERY imaginative! Well written, too. No brick, indeed! Reminds me of another silly person I know! I thought that this showed great creativity. I'd never seen it that way. Now I can blame Adam and Eve for sewing.....just one more way to bring us anguish and pain. Til the garden to eek out a living, pain in childbirth, and, here, for good measure....take this treadle sewing machine with ye and be gone, you little sew and sews!
03/07/07
Quite an unusual character you have here! He's got a unique way of looking at things! LOL Your story was an easy read and fun. Smooth writing; nicely done! Blessings, Jo
03/07/07
What fun! Sue, you always come up with something completely original. And I loved the ending!
03/07/07
Well, Sue . . . you always give us something to think about. This was no exception--very entertaining. Quite a unique take on the topic. I love how your mind works.
Heehee, how fun! I like the character of Young Anthony. Very good definition of 'sewing'. ^_^