The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1813 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/06
I loved this story--great dialogue, description, and especially humor! Could see everything happening. Great job!
This is precious. Thanks for the smiles. My favorite line:
if they didn't comply; I did, after all, resort to serenading them with "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen."
Nicely done.
12/02/06
Such fun - and the PERFECT title! I enjoyed the humor throughout, and the wonderful descriptions of all it takes to put on one of those things! Delightful.
12/02/06
This was fun story to which many of us can relate. Well-written, too.
12/02/06
I loved this! One misused word threw me off though, I think you meant wretched, not "retched. Or, maybe not, given the story. This was a fun read! Thanks!
12/03/06
Well done, full of empathy, I am sure many others recognize the event and the chore. Thank you.
Hehehe. Wonder how many years it took before the teacher figured out that technique. LOL! Great story.
12/04/06
A witty story on "volunteering"...er, ah..perhaps Forced Volunteering would be more appropriate. Very well done.
12/04/06
So witty and fun to read! I love this one.
I love the confident, casual style you used to tell this story. Great job!
12/05/06
Fun Fun Fun! This deserves to be in the book!
12/05/06
I liked the scene at the kitchen table and the humor throughout this piece. Yeah, we can relate! Thanks for a fun read.
12/05/06
Very amusing and SO easy to relate to. I loved this! Thanks fir sharing it.
12/05/06
Great story--boy can most parents relate to the school volunteer duty. Your storytelling rings true. It is truly delightful reading.