The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I feel every word written. If there were any mistakes I couldn't see them; tears are blurring my vision. This is simply beautiful! Your mom was no ordinary hero she was and remains to be 'the wind beneath your wings.'
11/24/06
Boo HOO!! This was so sad but written so well! Very emotional piece - touched me especially since I have a daughter - ( and have never gotten back for another colonoscopy years over due) and really felt the strength this mom showed. What a legacy for the daughter to remember that during her own struggles! Good contrast from her past to her future.:)
11/26/06
Definitely honest and compelling! I love how you wove the past and present together - it gave a wonderful picture of a wonderful mother - and the influence she continues to have. Definitely touched my heart.
11/28/06
So touching - put tears in my eyes. What a wonderful tribute to a loving mother. Love this piece.
11/28/06
A very well written dramatic story. You involved me, got my emotions stirred up, and had me reading to the end. Excellent job. God bless.
11/28/06
This piece makes me cry! What a beautiful tribute to your mother, and what wonderful mothering she did, to produce someone like you, who can write with such depth and clarity.
11/28/06
Your hint was absolutely right--she was an extraordinary hero! Good job!
11/30/06
I loved your opening lines about mom showing up in the most unusual places. Great story.
A beautiful tribute. Two heros here, and really good writer! Bravo!
11/30/06
Way to go Ann!! So happy to see this place- it was so touching!
11/30/06
Way to go Ann. Congrats on your finish. Excellent job.
God bless.
11/30/06
Congratulations dear Ann! The first time you let me read your story I cried. I sit here agian wiping the tears away. Your mom's love will always be with you. She's everyones hero now:-)