The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1569 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great story, makes me miss my best friend that lives in Colorado now. We've been known to have some silly times in the kitchen. I hope someday I can have as much fun with my writing as you do.
I love it! Nothing jumped out at me that needed changing. Love the tone, love the message--great job!
11/04/06
I love the tone of this, the story, the wonderful characters. Just kept me smiling from beginning to end!
11/05/06
Absolutely precious, and written with an authentic voice that was a pleasure to read.
11/06/06
Yes - this is a gem! Perfect all the way through! An absolute joy to read.
I loved this! The descriptions were great. I felt like I was in a corner of the kitchen watching them drink sweet tea!
11/07/06
Perfect voice which you sustained throughout the story. Finely drawn characters. In fact, delightful. yeggy
11/07/06
A wonderful and enjoyable story! You swept me into the scene and I longed to join the two of you in that room. Thanks so much for sharing this gem!
11/07/06
Now I'm going to feel like I'm harping on my own family: "Me and Emmie hit it off" should read "Emmie and I hit it off"... I wondered if it was intentional, but the narrator was supposed to be the more 'sophisticated' one and Emmie the down-to-earth mechanic type. If in doubt, take out the second name and try it just with the pronoun - 'Me hit it off' or 'I hit it off'. Hope that helps. If it was intentional ... never mind me. ;)
Yep Donna, all of the dialogue is intentional as is. Penny is not really supposed to be sophisticated. These are both "good ole southern gals." One just grew up with a few more privileges. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it very much.
This was a wonderful story. I loved the way you wrote it and Emmie came across as a lovable character, great job!