The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1518 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love your humorous style. It's true that weeds have many useful attributes too!
09/14/06
Who woulda thunk! Weeds are good. I definately agree that they are hardy. In an open field I love the "wild flowers", but I can't say I'd want them in my garden - even as sad looking as my garden is since returning from my holiday!!
09/14/06
Loved the creativity of this author - and also the wit. Very fine writing. An enjoyable read.
09/15/06
You and my neighbor ought to get together, lol. Seriously though, we allergy sufferers have a bone to pick with you. Dandelions I don't mind, but there are several that make me ill, such as pigweed. That said, this is very funny. Kudos to you!
09/15/06
Very clever and fun! Nice job! I really enjoyed this.
09/16/06
I'm sitting here with the biggest smile! This is truly delightful and creative! "For instance, we’ve all heard of hemlock, a notoriously shady character. He has a rap sheet that’s longer than a sunflower is tall." I love it! The wit, the creative "take" on the topic ... it all adds up to an excellent piece! Awesome! :)
09/18/06
I always wondered why weeds grow so easy and fancy plants take such work. Now I know a little more. Here's a glass of COLD milkweed to you for such a fun story!

09/19/06
This is simply brilliant. Who would have thought of someone writing in praise of weeds and with such humour. I thought the description of hemlock truly classic.
09/19/06
A very entertaining and well-written piece. I liked the last line. It made me think about the seeds we scatter when we share our faith. Nicely done!
09/20/06
This is awesome, and thank you for not turning it into a sermon. This "weed" understood perfectly, as will everyone who reads this delightful piece of whimsy.
09/20/06
Entertaining, well written, story that can be read on more than one level.
What a fun weed! :o)