The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1743 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/21/06
William prayed to be protected by his Eternal King and God used his eartly king to protect him in the valley, a place of service.
Wonderful story!:)
08/22/06
love the play on seeking protection from the King and receiving it from the king. Nice job, kept my attention all the way through.
08/22/06
Wonderful period piece--I really enjoyed it. You might check the first paragraph of the last section; first line appears to have a missing word (if you haven't already noticed it). Otherwise, very nicely done!
08/22/06
Great story-telling and a very well-written piece. I enjoyed the light-hearted ending. (I've certainly used a lot of hyphens:) Good work!
08/22/06
I love the ambiance of this - I felt transported back to that time. Your description was wonderful, and I LOVED the ending - got a chuckle out of me. Wonderful job!
08/22/06
This is very nice. I, too, liked the irony of Will being protected by his earthly king. I think you may have one spelling error. On the third line from the bottom... is it supposed to be letting arrow "loose"??
08/22/06
Excellent writing. I was there with them and it was vivid and read well. Good ending. You made your character come alive!
08/22/06
My kind of story! Entertaining, suspenseful, great characters and very nice plotting. Grand job!
Loved it! You have a gift for this kind of writing.
08/22/06
Great job. Loved this work. It was suspenseful and engaging.