The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1844 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very clever! My thinking is challenged by the way in which you portray the living soul, as seen apart from the power of the H.S. Great writing!
07/25/06
I like the way the soul 'won' in the end too because of the Spirit and the third man in the ring.

I'd never thought of the soul in opposition to the Spirit ... I always thought of the flesh in opposition to God's spirit ... and my own spirit as being sort of different again ... but I'm not necessarily right! (Shock, horror!)

I wonder who the referee is?

Well done.
07/26/06
Love it! Very creative, expertly written, and with a great deal of both wit and wisdom.
07/26/06
A creative take on the soul vs spirit. Well written!
07/26/06
Great approach to the topic - very unique! Definitely got me thinking "outside the box" (or ring??). I agree with one of the others - I could definitely hear Carmen doing a song like this!
Very unique. I enjoyed this, great job.
07/27/06
so fun and creative. congrats!
07/27/06
You have a very good creative and imaginative mind. It was a compelling read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

excellent work.
Well done.
Congrats Lori!
07/28/06
Lori, this is very powerful stuff! You pack a great punch with scripture and really show how it is done, both in writing and spiritually. Congratulations. This is way up top for me.
07/31/06
Clever girl, clever girl! You had me worried when Soul had the power of sickness, but I guess, an awful lot of the time, we do have the power to defeat it and choose not to do so. And then the next series of 'hits'--right on the money on both sides of the ring!
Loved the use of scripture--you actually reminded me of one I need to share with a hurting sister who's lost her path lately (thanks) and had such beautiful, powerful use of the Word of our God!
Well written, and, as I said, clever girl, clever girl!
:), Debora