The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1287 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/06
Wow! Is this a true story?
And you did a great job of comparing Lyle's sacrifice with that of our Lord's. Thanks for sharing, and... Thank you Jesus, for people like Lyle Skeelman.
07/17/06
Heart-pounding suspense, written expertly. I don't think you need the row of tildes, your phrase "Three days later..." provides the needed transition. You made Lyle a very real person in very few words. Top notch.
07/18/06
Heart wrenching story of sacrafice. Excellent writing. You belong here in advanced.
07/18/06
Wonderful story -- I agree, you're where you belong right here in Advanced. Great work! :)
Wow! Your writing was so skillful that my ears are still roaring with the sound of the tornado! I was riveted to each word as you described the events of the storm!! Wonderful story!
07/18/06
Wow...as I was reading this I though what an imagination! If this is real, I would love to know otherwise you are really creative! Good detail and the story moved along well. I think you wrote well and also the title was good too!
07/18/06
Great writing. Great descriptions. Great story. I agree with Jan that you didn't need the last part. A very fascinating read. If this is not true you certainly wrote as if you had experienced it. Well done!
07/20/06
Hurrah Lisa on your win!! Keep up that great creative thinking!!:)
A beautiful story. Congrats on placing.
07/23/06
Wow, Lisa! This is fantastic. I have definitely been out of the loop. Your word descriptions showed just how the lady felt and what she experienced. Excellent writing!