The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2020 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, this is great. I love the imagery, the thoughts, the insight. Technical things aside, this is just plain a great story. I'm honestly not sure what else I can say, I'm just sitting here grinning (could it be that moment of unnderstanding?)
Anyway, thank you.

God bless,

Kevin
06/03/06
Sweet, wholesome story! It sounds like your main character recognized her purpose early on. Nice job. :)
06/03/06
What a wonderfully sweet and touching story! A pleasure to read and funny too: “He might as well have said “giraffe.” How awesome that one life can go on to touch so many. Great job!
What a delightful story! I've also experianced times when I was able to say something to make a difficult thing clear to another.
Excellent writing & straight from the heart. Thank God for you all called by God to be teachers.
06/05/06
Nice job and a good read. I've always wondered about what a teacher feels with summer coming! Now I know! Good writing!
06/05/06
This was exactly what I needed to read today--I'm a teacher, and it has been a stressful year, and I've lost that wondrous feeling to some degree. But you're absolutely right--it's what keeps us going. Teaching is the best!

Oh, and really good writing, by the way. Pulled me right along.
06/05/06
Oh, you made me cry over this story of a precious boy finding his purpose in life! Coming from a family of teachers, I will have to add this to my "favorites" and share it with them. This is a genuine masterpiece. I just love it. Thank you so much!
06/05/06
Teaching children is a special gift! Love this story. Great entry.
06/06/06
God certainly puts His marks on little children and leads them to His path. Thanks for this story that emphasizes a calling. Well written.
06/08/06
Beautiful. The teacher that recognized the gift of teaching in the narrator, the story with the jelly beans, the way that he became a teacher himeself - lovely.

If I were a child, the jelly beans would never have stayed in my pocket, let alone for a whole morning, but perhaps that's not true for all children!

Well done.
Jim, I am SO proud of you!!! What an honor! Congrats buddy!
06/08/06
Wow, I have tears in my eyes. I didn't read this until after the winners were announced. You definitely deserve to win! This is wonderful, awesome. I am a teacher....the way that you describe the heart of a teacher is just awesome. Thank you so much for this! I am going to share this with all of my teacher friends!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! I love the way your ending zipped me back to the present, leaving a lifetime of yet unwritten stories wrapped around my heart. So well-deserved!
06/08/06
Congratulations, James! I am so delighted to see this story in top place. I just love it! Thank you for writing this for us to hold in our keepsakes.
06/09/06
What a wonderful story! I'm inspired to practice more patience in homeschooling as I watch for that "rapturous expression" when they finally understand. I'm thankful for those moments. Truly, an inspirational piece. Thanks.
Congratulations! This is AWESOME. I have tears in my eyes. This was the perfect entry for purposefulness. I'll bet you are a GREAT teacher and that your kids love you (even when they don't show it). God bless you for your faithfulness to your calling.
06/25/06
Absolutely...what can I say? It is awesome, terrific, touched me to the core of my being, and yes...had to blow my nose and wipe the tears from my eyes. Great piece of artistic talent on paper. A Masterpiece. Kudos!