The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1642 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/06
Well written. This essay has a happy ending, and well it should. However, our streets are littered with young men and women who have given up - pray for them.
05/12/06
A touching piece. I love it.
Great job. Impressive writing!
05/12/06
What a perfect last line And home was a good place to be.
05/13/06
I can relate to this... know many people who have made the wrong choice. But there is hope! There must be! Good writing!
05/13/06
This was nicely done. I was a little concerned early, didn't quite get the feeling for the setting and the character seemed a little flat. By the end, however, I was right there with you and was feeling for the character AND the parents. So, it built to a nice ending! So, as a whole, very well done!
This brought tears to my eyes. "I want to go home." I've heard that so many times over the years working with run aways. Thanks for this touching story.
Beautifully done. Believable and inspiring. I too liked the last line.
Loved this line: "Hope had pushed out fear and Peace had flooded into its place. She could go home again." Seems this concept applies so often...the hope and peace of belonging vs. the fear of isolation.