The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1903 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/06
What a wonderful line:
'dancing with the Author of the Ages'. Beautiful poem.
04/28/06
Beautiful work! I especially love this line: "He’ll hold me close and dance me safely home." What a wonderful image.
04/28/06
Very touching poem. Nice images throughout. Really liked the concept. Since this is Masters, I will pick a little. I lost the rhythm at places and the structure was ever changing. But it didn't feel like free verse ... so I had just a bit of struggle there. None of that takes away from the wonderful image of dancing with God.. the Author of the Ages. Well done!
04/28/06
Lovely poem. The rhyme and metre were kept up throughout. Last line of the first verse you switched from "I" to "We" in one line. The other "we"s fitted but I thought the first one should have stayed as an "I".
04/28/06
What a delightful poem - I loved it! Not much about the topic of inner strength, but the words..."Dancing with the Author of the Ages"...are so creative, and immediately drew me in. Great gift!
04/29/06
What a pretty thought! Dancing! Not sure about inner strength here, but great writing!
04/29/06
The imagery is beautiful. Well done.
05/01/06
I like how you wove the topic of inner strength into this poem without knocking us over the head with it. The second stanza is my favorite. Reading it gives me peace as well as faith in His strength.
05/01/06
This is wonderful! The imagery is lovely, and the rhythm is exactly right for a poem about dancing. I tripped a bit on the meter in the 4th stanza, but this poem has so much going for it that it matters not one whit. I just love it.
05/02/06
What a beautiful illustration of the personal relationship we can have with the Lord. Very well done!
Good message. I enjoyed reading it.
05/02/06
A beautiful image of Grace along the flow of life. Wow!
05/02/06
This was a beautiful poem - great flow, terrific message. Well-crafted piece - short on words but tall on creativity. Great work!