The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1582 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/06
Very cleverly written article. The self-pity is there and the love of daughter and father is evident.
03/15/06
This is really touching! The switching back and forth between the main character's thoughts and what was going on around her worked really well. The musical chimes near the end with the attempt to communicate was especially beautiful.

'Lock' was very obviously present throughout - the physical lock, throwing the key away, and the unlocking of herself towards her family ... just beautiful.

Well done.
03/15/06
A "greater love" story.
Well done.
03/15/06
Very moving -- a great story.
Oh my! How did she lose her voice? I want to know. This was a beautifully written story and you did a fantastic job creating this.
Facinating story. I had to read it a couple of times, but I think I've got it now. :-)
03/17/06
Awesome, beautifully poignant, written with elegance.
03/21/06
Well, I am very jealous right now;)you did such a grand job! I absolutely fell right into the switching back and forth. So well done. And such a hard thing to do without confusing the reader. I can see why this one got in the top 30 and the top 15! Keep it up!
04/13/06
Yeggy. Beautiful. She was so down on herself though.
Not living in the joy of what she has become through Christ.
Wow. Sad really.