The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1386 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What an article! When I read the word 'hemlock' I wondered if the narrator had poisoned herself on purpose. Then to find that 'hemlock' dilution was the cure to the creeping paralysis. This medical emergency provided an excellent backdrop to reflections of "He must increase...I must decrease". Thanks for making us think!
Lois, I'm so glad you're back! What a story! I didn't see this as I tripped about and read entries the first time.

Letting go, giving God space--all things are possible with Him!
02/20/06
What a powerful story, Lois! I felt like I was struggling to breathe myself while I was reading it. I loved the scriptural parallel--deacreasing, increasing. With God, everything really does turn out right, doesn't it? What a comfort!

I thought the flow, the balance between action and thought, the word choice was great--I just stumbled in one place, where you said, ". . . stand in the doorway and block. . . "

Great job!
03/24/06
What a wonderful story. How serene. Truth of the peace that comes with God and His son Jesus Christ. When faced with impossible obstacles there is comfort in knowing God will provide. Yes, truly, with God all things are possible! Thank you for sharing your work and God’s unfailing love. May the Lord bless and keep you. May He shine His face upon you and bring you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26.) Best wishes.
01/25/07
I miss your writing Lois - when can I get my fix??