The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4194 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/06
Haha, cute ending.
01/31/06
A well-written, fun story -- and a wonderfully creative concept.
I really enjoyed this. I loved how it kept my attention throughout. You didn't use excess words, but still wrote beautifully for the genre of story written. Gret ending! good job.
02/02/06
This is priceless—and wonderfully written to boot! Blessings on you.
02/03/06
One space makes all the difference - well done - too funny!
02/03/06
Okay! Why didn't I see that coming! Great stuff! This was really a good and fun read! Marvelous!
02/03/06
Well written, as always. Clever story, great surprise at the end. Left me with a smile...
Blessings, Lynda
02/03/06
What a wonderful story!!!! That's great! :) I loved it.
How sweet! Very creative. I love the name of your kitty...bad kitty was probably hoping it was herring that he was buying...hehe. Loved it.
Oh, I agree! How priceless! I love this wonderful story! You're a real storyteller, had me hanging on every word! A real gem!! (Pardon the very apt pun! :)
02/04/06
How creative! I like this article. Pretty soon, Bad Kitty will have another stomach to paw at in the mornings!!!:)
Funny story. Well done.
02/04/06
First ... get a clue, woman. He would have asked you 6 months ago except you take a cat to bed! ;-) lol!

I was wondering where space would come in and you played it perfectly at the end. Great work that. The writing was well paced and smooth.
02/04/06
Awwww. Very sweet and creative. Good job.
I loved this! Congrats!
02/06/06
LOL! You got me! I didn't catch 'the herring' and wondered how you were going to get the job done in so few words. You did good! I loved it. Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!
02/06/06
Too funny!!! Congratulations on a GREAT job!
02/06/06
Excellent! Very clever. Congratulations. :0)
02/06/06
Congratulations on your 2nd place win! I was going to say something about your cat "peeping" instead of "meowing"...but best leave well enough alone! Who would mess with a Masterpiece? Nicely done!
02/06/06
Bravo! Fun, creative, and written with excellence. Congratulations, Jan.
02/06/06
Congrats Jan! This was fun. Especially pleased to see one of the great comment-leavers get a barrel full back.
02/06/06
Oh, that is just so cute! Loved it!
02/06/06
Love the way he wrote "buy herring." Very well done!
02/06/06
I loved this story! It was my favorite if the whole week. Exceptionally creative. Congrats!
02/07/06
Left me smiling. A truly wonderful funny story, masterfully written kept me going till the very last word. Loved your character. A well deserved second place. Yeggy
Great fun! I love this little, lighthearted story. Congratulations on a well-deserved win! :) LOVE Bad Kitty!
02/07/06
This is just gorgeous! Space in heart / space in the word ... I too didn't see it coming until the end ... thought the filling of spaces in hearts was slightly forced, but of course, that was only a red herring to stop us looking for the REAL space! Well done! And congratulations on your win - well deserved!
02/07/06
Love it! A sure winner Jan! :D Too cute for words!
02/07/06
Smooth writing without the excess! Your story line is priceless as someone said before and I was very entertained! Great job! Jo
02/08/06
What a blessing to have read this! Bravo!
02/08/06
Congratulations on your win.And thank you for the comments, critiques and advise you give on Faithwriters,You are a Blessing.
Ditto to all of the above. This was wonderful and creative and definitely a masterpiece. Congrats on your well-deserved (very well-deserved) win!
02/09/06
What a cute story. Light, fun, enjoyable and with a happy ending. Love it!
LOL! This is just too funny! I really enjoyed the happy ending with the twist on 'herring'. Heehee. The cat was my favorite though. ^_^
Loved every bit of this, nice to have it out on the web in another site! Happy Christmas.
10/21/15
Bad Kitty is so similar to my cat, she meows until she is fed. It is funny how someone's life can be changed by one space on a sticky note.

I'm glad FaithWriters has chosen to post the top 400 entries, so I have the change to go back and read them.