The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 505 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/15
Ahhhh, the joys of international air travel..
Quite the adventure here, and well told.
This is so full of impending disasters, you just know it has to be true. You have a subtle sense of humor. I'd have loved to seen more showing and less telling by adding dialog, body language, thoughts and active lines. Also remember to write out numbers at least up to ten, many say to a hundred and write out abbreviations like hours and kilometers. For example: On Tuesday, my husband flicked the newspaper and groaned. "Oh, no!"
Startled at the noise and my husband's attitude, I fought back the urge to jump up and rip the paper from his hands. "What is it, dear? It can't be that bad."
Flopping his head down on the table, he muttered out of the side of his mouth. "American Airlines..."
I went a bit overboard to show you what I meant by body language and dialog. You have a nice sense of humor, and this would have been a great story to stretch that humor even more. You did do a nice job of creating the right atmosphere. I can't imagine a trip like that, but then I've never traveled abroad either. I think you did a great job of writing on topic and this was a delightful read.