The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1786 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/05
Oh, this made me laugh so much! Beautiful!!!!
12/05/05
I should have added...I rarely read titles, so I had to come to the conclusion that Willie was a snowman as I read your piece. If you use this elsewhere, please consider changing the title. That gradual realization was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything.
I agree with the title change suggestion. Since I knew the title, I found the story hilarious, but I think it would have had a different kind of impact if I didn't realize right away what was going on... ;-) I think a not-too-in-your-face comment about it all being part of God's plan would have been kinda neat, too... But what a great story, hehehehe....
12/06/05
Guess I'm an incurable romantic, but this was very touching. Good crafting. Well written.
12/06/05
This was so funny!! Loved the last line!!
12/06/05
Ha ha, woot woot! Death to snowmen! Naw, actually, I loved the story. Very clever. :-)
A great 'irreverant' take on the tragedy of Willie Loman in 'Death of a Salesman'! I'm still grinning from ear to ear! What a treat!
12/07/05
I thought of "Death of a Salesman" immediately, too, so the title is essential to your take. But even knowing the inevitable end, I had to read to the last word, just to see how you were going to do it!
12/08/05
I agree. Your title gave away the surprise ending. Very well written, and a delight to read. And very creative, I might add. Well done.
Although never having seen what happens to a snowman when spring arrives, I could picture this so well. Funny and well done. And so creative. God Bless.
12/08/05
Very creative and humorous. I enjoyed this entry very much.
12/08/05
Very creative! Thoroughly enjoyed!

Wow, this was great. Fun to read, even if the title did ruin the surprise. The end was great, I needed the lift.

Thanks, and God bless,

Kevin
I think the fact that this was a snowman would have made a great punchline, either way skillfully controlled with great choice of phrases. Certainly something different for Spring!
12/09/05
Creative and clever! 'Pure as snow'? :) I, too, would have liked a different title if only to get the impact of the head rolling off with a thud! :) What a fun read!
12/11/05
I absolutely loved this! Really enjoyed the head falling off with a thud. LOL! Encore! Encore!
Very good (clap clap clap)! I have to admit that I clicked on this story initially and then was interrupted - and when I came back I'd forgotten the title and actually skipped it and went right into the copy. So I did appreciate the discovery process - and the shock factor!!! FUN!
12/12/05
Oh my! Somehow the title sailed right past me and when I got to the last line I said, "Huh?"
Then when I read Jan's comment about it being funny, I said, "Hey...wait a second. I must have missed something. That's not funny."

ROFL (now). I get it. Death of a salesman? WooHoo, so clever. (I shouldn't be reading when it is time to sleep). :0)