The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1731 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love the parallel lives existing in this piece. There's alot to think about here;life is growing and life is being resurrected. I'm a history buff, so this piece intrigues me. It would make a great excerpt from a whole journal!
11/29/05
I can't tell you why, but I had goosebumps from the first word to the last. I was there ... in both seasons, connected to the love that flowed, twining vine-like from heart to heart. Beautiful, beautiful story begging to continue.
11/30/05
I love finding parts of history and seeing it come to life today. This was a very enjoyable read!:)
12/02/05
Great job balancing dialog, description, and the journal entries. Very tender. I liked this a lot.
12/02/05
You did a great job sucking the reader in to both worlds. Fabulous!
12/02/05
Beautiful. I love it when you do history linked to the future. You have a gift for finding the parallels and those things which are everpresent, like love, and husbands who show love by their workmanship. Great job! Now you are where you really belong! :) Karen
12/02/05
Very lovely story! I really enjoyed it, and I also would like to read more of their lives. Thanks!
This is beautiful, you give us so much information in so few words. A very clever ploy combining the two time lines...and two females voices so well. Congratulations, it worked so well.
12/03/05
This was great!! The paralells were well done.
An entrancing entry for sure! A beautiful dance between the old and the new!
12/04/05
This was a heartwarming piece that left me wanting to know about about their characters and their lives. I agree that it would be great to see this expanded.
12/05/05
Very nicely written, and you pulled off getting the description in between the dialogue very well.
12/06/05
I also really enjoyed the parallels between the further back past and the not quick so far past! Well done!
12/06/05
Whoever said the word 'entrancing' hit the nail on the head.

It left with a cliffhanger though...

There's the two parallels and it's awesome but then it cuts off and you're like... woah!

Great fitting title as well...