The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1230 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so very beautiful with the last three lines as "Hallelujah."
Was not expecting the beauty of that last stanza. Wow!
This is beautiful - your amazing descriptions paint an exquisite and vivid picture of the end of a day.
But your last verse! - its a real treasure, both challenging and thrilling - an expansion of the wonderful text you quote. Thankyou.
01/10/14
This is a lovely poem with vivid descriptions of the things of day's end, leading up to the last stanza of the woman's time with God and his word. Very well done!
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/11/14
Exquisite! The above comments have said it all. A truly beautiful poem.
01/11/14
Beautiful and peaceful!

God bless~
Excellent use of enjambment and alliteration.
So satisfying! This is beautiful . . .
01/12/14
I love how this builds... and then we get to the satisfaction of Him at the end--at the "full stop." What a powerful ending.
01/12/14
A most beautiful free verse poem that took me to a most satisfying end of the day. Very well done.
01/13/14
A beautiful picture of the day coming to an end. A well painted picture.

Blessings, Graham.
01/13/14
Something about your simple line 'wood and concrete sighing and whispering' captured my attention so vividly that I went back to find so many more exquisite hidden gems.

umm it was lovely savoring the nuances of your prose.

01/15/14
Absolutely stunning word art! This beautiful poem paints one powerful picture after another and then ends with the masterpiece! Terrific job!
01/16/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
01/16/14
A well deserved win. Congratulations!
I'll say it again, this was SO beautiful. Many congrats Melanie.
01/17/14
Congratulations Melanie on your 2nd place win which was much deserved for this lovely poem.
I am in awe of the exquisiteness of the lines written here. A sumptuous feast indeed.

Thank you for the beauty . . .
Congratulations!
KJV Hebrews 10:26-31

Hugs in and through and because of Him,

Judi
01/17/14
Excellent imagery throughout every verse of this winning entry. This is one of those poems that deserves a second read, just to enjoy all the pictures you painted with your crafted words. Congrats on placing 2nd in the EC listing.