The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 889 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/16/13
I love the closing line, wonderful end to a great entry.

Well done.
08/16/13
Thank you for this wonderful story. And yes, you are like Superman! As the mom of one (grown now) I can't imagine having six. You certainly are on a mission. I really enjoyed this well written slice of your life. Thanks again for sharing
08/16/13
I love the fun undertones here, like the nine-year-old being unaware that a disappearing dessert is a distinct possibility, and your last line is a zinger. Well done.
How do you do it? Superman/Supermom both! You are indeed heroic, fighting the battles and slaying the dragons - you have far surpassed the sanity marker for this earthly plain . . .
08/20/13
So good! I loved it. I can see this in a "woman's day magazine"

Wonderful! God bless~
I love this story. Your honesty is refreshing. It's not easy to be transparent to a world of strangers. You had a great beginning, a wonderful message and some delightful humor sprinkled throughout. It may have been a tad weak on topic. Though I don't know I suspect the topic criterion may have been your weakest among the 8 criteria the judges used because you had a nice beginning that drew me in. The ending is often one of the more difficult ones because of the word limit, but your ending left me not only satisfied, but also thinking about what a hero is. Moms definitely are on the top of that list. I bet all of your 6 kids (unless you have a teen or sometimes even a tween);) all think of you as the biggest hero in their lives! You have inspired me several times with your words so you're a hero in my book too!