The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1710 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well written. I could feel Danny's fear. Good descriptive writing.
05/16/13
Your way with words put me right there with Danny--I was trembling with him, feeling his fear. Sadly there are too many kids today experiencing this kind of life. So glad your story pointed them to the one place they can find hope. I expect to see this in the EC listings.
05/17/13
This brought tears to my eyes, I remember hearing similar sounds and hiding under the bed. I can so relate to Danny's feelings. You did an excellent job with this one.

Blessings, Lynn
05/18/13
You brought me right into the room with Danny and I felt the fear he felt. Great writing and use of the topic.

It is so grievious to me that many children experience similiar situations as your MC.

God is our hope and deliverance.


Oh what a story. My breaking heart is still racing. What a brave little Danny. I breaks my heart that there are people who thrive on the pain of others . . .
05/18/13
This was very heart-felt and held me throughout the story. Very well written piece of writing.
05/19/13
Very graphic writing. The reader could feel the pain, the fear and the abuse meted out. You did a wonderful job of giving the reader an insight of what happens in some families and the hope that God is the answer.
05/19/13
As always, great writing. Ditto for all the remarks.

"slunk to his door (and)..."

Too bad the 750 word limit caught up with you. My heightened anticipation screamed for more. :-)
I agree with Lillian above. The story begs to go on, to be developed further. Please do write more for this, and find a venue to share it. It is strong writing about an important topic.
Congratulations for EC for this excellently written emotional story. Well done.
05/23/13
Congratulations for being Highly Commended Christina! I agree with the comments above. Your writing was so vivid it was like I wanted to close my eyes to not visualize the abuse, but I couldn't cause I had to read on to find out what happened!
05/24/13
Awesome job, Christina! Congrats - God bless!
Well deserved! Praise YHWH! Congratulations!